POSITION: Communications Coordinator
LOCATION: Hybrid/remote in Alaska
We are seeking a Communications Coordinator to join our team. The position will support communications and outreach to Yukon River stakeholders including state and federal fishery managers and other partnering organizations. Educate and inform Yukon River communities about current fisheries issues relating to the Yukon River and help build support for meaningful participation by fishing families in fisheries management. Benefits for this position include paid vacation time, paid holiday leave, sick leave, health benefits. YRDFA will provide a computer and printer and other office supplies necessary to do the job successfully.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the social media planning, content creation, and execution.
- Oversee the YRDFA website updates, including updating the calendar on a bi-weekly basis.
- Communicate information about events happening at YRDFA and YRDFA projects. Use media outlets such as; radio, newspapers, and television programming.
- Update the contact list of stakeholders and assist with outreach to build a network of partners..
- Build a system for sorting and storing photos and marketing materials for YRDFA.
- Develop and implement a public relations and / or communications plan for outreach to Yukon River fishing communities on salmon issues of importance;
- Create and distribute newsletters, including writing and soliciting of articles and editorials;
- Respond to public inquiries (phone, written, and e-mail);
- Prepare and give presentations;
- Travel required to rural communities and fishery meetings.
- Other education, information and outreach duties as assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to approach people with tact and empathy.
- Willingness to give presentations and do public speaking.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
- Skills around website management using WordPress, technical writing, program planning, and graphic design.
- Prior experience working with Alaska Native people
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience in business, marketing, communications, graphic design, or creative and professional writing.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO INFO@YUKONSALMON.ORG BY 2/28/23 5:00 P.M.